February 24, 2010

running is hard

Ran today, temperature 27 degrees, wind speed 17mph. That makes for a pretty painful run, running into the wind that was so very bitter. I wore three layers on top and two layers on the bottom. I don't think I ate enough before I ran, as I ran out of energy very soon into the run. The wind created a dry mouth and throat in minutes... ah bler. But the lake was lovely as usual, a nice winter gray-green, and the sky a pearly winter gray.

My friend Pionek is awesome at finding recipes for me to make, so I bought all the ingredients for this delicious pasta dish. I can't wait to make it and refuel!!

The pain in my right foot was worse after the run... so we'll see what happens with that. Other then that, I need to push myself a bit harder in my runs and not take walking breaks. It is just difficult for me to pace myself. Great thing about the run today, I listened to Florence + the Machine the entire run, and looooved it! I just bought their cd Lungs last night. It is fantastic, the soundtrack to the indie movie I must make someday... have a listen. There's a lot of good mashups and remixes of their stuff too. Ah, to live in London to see them play!

No comments:

Post a Comment