February 22, 2010

confessional

I might have not got in my 35 minute run yesterday, due to excessive work at the internship and the slippery weather. and my exhausted legs, including my super sore hamstrings. which were a direct result from the spinning class the day before. "Ah well," I thought to myself, "Monday is a rest day, I will just run then." Unfortunately, that didn't happen either, as my graduate assistantship held me up the entire day, and the cold rain sapped every desire for me to run, after i arrived home at 7pm tonight, unfed. (the details are rationalizations).

This is the first time I've missed a workout, and I was really looking forward to a nice long run. Unfortunately, we can't all be heroes, and at least I didn't buy either of those donuts I walked by today that so seductively called my name. Tomorrow is the swim, at which I am looking forward to using my goggles, as alien as they make me look. I know I will be exhausted tomorrow, but stronger for it. There has always been one point during my swim workouts when I think, "I am too tired, I am going to sink. I cannot kick one more kick." But I always keep going and finish the workout, so let's face it, that thought is a lie.

Let's talk about those goggles. I spent a good hour picking out those goggles. I kept taking them out of their packaging and pressing them to my face to see if they fit. After awhile I stopped trying to get them back into the package and just left a trail of goggles in the aisle. Sorry, employees at Sports Authority. Anyway, I picked these b/c they are designed for a female and were comfortable from the first time I put them on. I also like that they are tinted, so hopefully I won't be able to see what's in the water, because let's face it, I'm not so much afraid of the water as I am of what's IN the water.

I left the store with red marks around my eyes and on my nose from suctioning so many goggles to my face. You guys, I am awesome.

1 comment: