February 02, 2010

I don't like the gym

So, today the bike ride outside didn't happen because it snowed!!! yay snow!! big, beautiful, wet, smack you in the face snow. a city in winter is the most beautiful city.

Anyways, I had to go to the gym at UIC to bike. I get there, and of course, the bikes along the window aren't working- I tried to turn them all on, but no luck. There was one bike in a different area that has this tv screen attached so you can ride the bike through a virtual environment. So I hopped on and picked an easy trail and off I went. Except that every time I had to turn, I got nauseous from the virtual environment. Also, the first 10 minutes of the bike ride I spent trying to make my bike go off the trail, like some 14 year old miscreant (it wouldn't go off the trail- boring). Around minute 20 I started to feel good, and my calves weren't hurting today, so it was nice. I biked about 6 or 7 miles, which was a lot harder then I thought it would be, and by that I mean I was covered in sweat and felt like death at the end. I'm surprised I made it the whole way, considering I almost fell off my bike every time I had to make a turn...

Ah gyms... I will never like using you.

Also, my appetite has gone crazy the past few days. I ate so much today, and feel really good... working out makes me hungry, right away. I found myself day dreaming about food today, something I really never do. crazy!

Tomorrow is the gear clinic, where I learn what I need to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment