
Made this today with classmates Josy and Sara. They did most of the work, as I had to leave to get a bike workout in at the gym before it got too crowded. Can I just say, I finally figured out the bikes and how they work! You just have to start pedaling, and they turn on. awesome. 30 minute bike ride and I was covered in sweat- what is it with biking that makes you sweat so much more than running? Odd.
Then I went off to ballet and had a really good class- there is just something about ballet... I laughed over the fact that I could do the steps I knew really well, but throw a new step at me and I am all gangly limbs. Ah well. Ballet is a really good stretch.
I also stopped in at Sports Authority today and drooled over the high quality workout gear they have. When did i become an athlete? Am I an athlete? I still feel out of place in sports stores, but am incredibly jealous of all the awesome clothing they have... and know it won't be soon before I start buying some of it. For instance, they had hats with a silk lining in it so your hair doesn't get messed up- hello! I've been saying they should do that for awhile...
Some of it is a rip off, like lightweight "running gloves" for 24 dollars that have a key pouch. I just wear those 5 dollar knit ones and hold my keys. Works just as well. I had to keep telling myself that just because they sell it, doesn't mean you need it. I do want a nice pair of running tights though. Never thought I'd say that, as against spandex as I am!
I just want to speed ahead to the end of the month when I know I'll be able to bike and run further with less pain...
No comments:
Post a Comment