Yesterday I had a day off from workouts... my first in 5 straight days. I feel like I'm back in college, doing track. I am surprisingly not very sore today.
On Sunday I went for a bike ride outside in 25 degree weather. It was, overall, not fun. I went at sunset, so the scenery was gorgeous, as I biked along the lake. But I need to buy those spandex running pants for winter, some warmer clothes. I wore four layers on my top half, and that kept me relatively warm, but after an hour, everything was cold. I even wore a scarf. Which was a great decision. It was supposed to only be a 35 minute bike ride, but turned into an hour b/c I went south along the lake, and there was about a quarter mile stretch that was not shoveled, and had huge drifts of snow that I dragged my bike through. I didn't turn around, because I was committed by the time I figured out the snow went on pretty far. I also wanted to bike down to the aquarium and look over the lake, so I would have to go through the snow to get there. I like to bike there because it's so pretty and quiet, and that was the first bike ride I ever took after I moved to this city and has remained one of my favorites. I finally got down there, and it was lovely, as usual. The sun was just setting, and I could see through the huge aquarium window the dolphins and trainers finishing up. The colors were amazing, all blues and golds and white snow... anyway.
Getting back, I decided to cut across downtown so I wouldn't have to drag my bike through the snow again. Since I wasn't wearing a helmet or a light, I walked my bike about a mile west on sidewalks crowded with Valentine Day go-ers. (note to self- the bike lane on Wells starts at Erie). I'm not sure how much I actually biked consecutively, but I was out for about an hour. Again, too cold. Won't be doing that anytime soon.
Tonight is the group swim. Feeling much better about it after Friday's swim. I am also going to send out another email asking for fundraising monies today! whoot! It's going to be shorter than the first one... and then I'm going to work on the leukocyte painting and Thank You cards, which I can't wait to send out and show you all! whoop!
do the comments work
ReplyDeleteDoes your bike have a bell? I think that's key. Also, a rear-view mirror.
ReplyDeleteAwesome photos. I am a wee bit tempted to break out my bike and endure the cold for those views.
ReplyDelete