I went to go swim today, but.... the pool was closed because someone threw up in it. Awesome.
So I went across campus to the other pool and was constantly shuffled around lanes because of classes and practices going on. I still got about an hour workout in and feel more confident swimming. I attempted to breathe every 3rd stroke, which meant breathing on both my right and left sides. It still feels weird to breathe on my left side, I tend to inhale more water than air. Anyway, because of the pool closure, the rest of my night was messed up, so here's to a new start tomorrow!
It was funny, I was just about to enter the athletic facility on west campus when I got a phone call from Brian, one of my coaches with TNT. I said hey! I'm on my way to work out! and he laughed and said, don't worry I'm not calling to check in that you are working out, Heidi. He just wanted to know if I had any questions or concerns. He's a funny guy. I mentioned the pain in my right foot, and he said they'll check it out tomorrow. Tomorrow we have a 7:45 am spin and running and bike or something clinic- I'll need to look it up, I can't keep track. Yay for early morning workouts!
Surprisingly, since I started training 3 weeks ago, I haven't missed a single workout. Let's hope I can keep it up as the semester progresses. I am finding myself surprisingly competitive in my training, wanting to beat everyone around me at everything- biking, running, swimming. Even in ballet.
No comments:
Post a Comment