Days like these the lake is every color in the rainbow and if you squint a bit you can imagine you are on some tropical island and the lake is an ocean. The lake isn't always so colorful- in winter mostly, it is all whites and beige and pristine grays. It is always surprising, always in motion, always changing. I sometimes feel bad for the people that only see it in the "good" weather. It is beautiful in every bit of weather, at every time of day.

I imagine if I run fast enough with my head lifted towards the blue that maybe I will rise a bit off the ground and if I leap I will start to fly into the expanse of air and water, into the horizon, that line that blurs the longer and harder you look at it, for it.
Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther...
And then one fine morning—
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
F.S. FitzgeraldSo we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Purty! :)
ReplyDelete