Quick things:
1. I no longer have this unquenchable desire to create things, and while I have a mental list of paintings, sculptures, jewelry, and drawings I want to do, I no longer get longings to do them. This concerns me.
2. I can't get enough of this blog: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/ I just want to sit in my bed all day and read all the posts.
3. Today was such a crabby day, I wouldn't be surprised if crabs followed me around all day long. Or I left a trail of crabs everywhere I went. Also, all day long I have been imagining amusing things like crabs following me around or a slip n' slide in our office parking lot. The crabbiness is due to my achingly painful lack of sleep. I wish, I really do, that I could live on 6 hours of sleep.
4. How do you stay creatively fresh while working full-time in a semi-creative position? Any suggestions would be helpful, I'm worried about this lull...
Hi Heidi,
ReplyDeleteMy answer - walk away and find what inspires you, then immerse yourself in it. Happens to me all the time. :)
Thanks, Lori! You're right, staying too far away from inspiration for too long can do more damage than good...
ReplyDelete