May 24, 2011

a daft life indeed.

So.... may I just publicly confess here (which maybe isn't so public) my love for Imogen Heap?

Last year her song "Wait it Out" really got to me- as she dared to sing about that space in time between the life-altering event and the time when you heal from it. That space in time that everyone tries to forget that you actually need to live through and it seems like everyone but you forgets that something happened, and you are left, inevitably, to deal with the wretched hollow.

Everybody says time heals everything
but what of the wretched hollow?
The endless in between
are we just going to wait it out?

And then today on my bike commute I was sick of all my playlists, so I decided to listen to all my songs alphabetically and started with my favorite letter, the letter H (for obvious reasons) (I embrace my narcissism), and her song Half-Life was first on, a song that I hadn't really listened to before, but with just me and the bike, I actually listened to it for the first time.

Got a schedule to stick to.
Got a world to keep sweet.
It's so much to everyone all the time.
Will you ever slow down?
Will I ever come first?
The universe contracts to sigh...

It's a half life,
With you as my quarterback.
A daft life.

Oh, Imogen.

ps. I mean, who can write a whole song with a metaphor of carbon dating? dating!?! augh! brilliant. I am inspired to create.

pps. is it just me or do all the bachelors on the Bachelorette look the same?

pss. TWO DAYS until SHEN, TOM, KIM AND MATT time!!! and the start of my lustrous Hollywood career.

ppsss. Did you hear that guy on the Bachelorette say he wasn't that attracted to her? ugh. man baby.

pppsss. Also I love that butcher from Jersey. And why are all these guys crussshhhhed when they are let go? They just met the chica. ugh. man babies.

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree about the bachelorette. We make disgusted comments the whole time, and yet for some reason we continue to watch it...Hmmm...there's nothing on in the summer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah most of the fun of that show is making fun of it.

    ReplyDelete