I stole a garlic chive plant from my parent's house this weekend. As I was walking home from the train station this afternoon, I named it Howard. We used to have chives growing in our garden growing up, and we would always pluck some off and eat them fresh while we were playing. Chives are my go-to herb. I know chives. Caraway? Rosemary? Sorrel? Not so much.
I'm thinking about making this blog a little more than a half-assed effort to organize my thoughts. This may include: new layout, more streamlined and grammatically correct writing, less wandering blathering posts like the last one. Maybe more lists.
Highlights from the weekend:
1. Seeing my cousin (my career-woman non-baby loving cousin) ridiculously pregnant.
2. Hanging out with my grandma, which always means sarcasm to the max.
3. Annoying my parents by only speaking French all morning. (I know maybe 7 words)
4. Eating a delicious dinner at my brother's house and spending time with my in-law's colorful and fun family last night. Picking my sister-in-law's sister's brain about Portland, where she lives, and sounds like a great city, except they don't get much snow...
5. Laying in the grass at my parent's house and letting the sun filter through my skin to my muscles, and the smell of the grass filter through my nose to my mouth, and birdsong filter through my ears to my brain, and feeling, for the first time in a long time, complete peace.
6. Wearing dresses all weekend. I love layering, but wearing just a dress and a cardigan and letting my legs go free of tights is such a joy.
7. Getting to take the Amtrak home, the most luxurious public transportation out of Chicago hands down.
I really don't like pictures of flowers, I think they are just too static to be enjoyable, but I love the color of this one so much...
No comments:
Post a Comment