April 18, 2011

Readjust; taking control

I rearranged my room tonight.

Completely, and utterly rearranged. Giant desk,bookshelf, two dressers. All by myself.

I only got about 6 hours of sleep last night, got home from work at 7:45 tonight, and am still recovering from my wild night with Elissa two nights ago, so I am quite dead. But, after making myself some burgers and eating and enjoying our new living room furniture, and doing two loads of laundry... at 9pm I decided to rearrange my room. I just finished. I read a lot about feng shui on Sunday while rearranging our living room, and decided to try it out. My bed was formerly in front of my window, and I always felt too exposed for sleeping. I prefer caves to sleep in.

Anyways, this is all to say that this is the last step in eradicating a recent relationship and starting fresh. My, what I have learned the past 4 months, and I think in order to truly step forward and onward, I needed to rearrange my room, while half dead, half delirious, utterly exhausted, and at the physically most frail I've felt in a long time. Just to prove to myself that I can. That I can change, even when I feel I can't. One step forward, one at a time, inching closer to the finish line, ever stronger. overcoming.

You know what I mean?

1 comment: