April 25, 2011

It's on

This is what I have to spend on eating for the rest of the month- one dollar and a packet of oatmeal. I made a deal with my brother last night that, in order to stay on budget for this month's grocery bill, I could only use these two things, and the groceries I already have, to eat for the rest of the month. Then he realized that the rest of the month is only 7 more days, and felt a little gypped, but hey Nate, I have almost no meat at my apartment, so it will actually be tough. I have eggs, a can of tuna, and some chicken nuggets that should be good for one or two lunches. This is good though, I'm clearing out my old groceries and experimenting with spices. Tonight I made angel hair pasta and a spinach/mixed veggie stir fry. Not bad. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. You could buy like 5-6 packs of Ramen with that dollar or a soda. When in doubt, go for the latter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm debating between bread of some sort or milk. Milk, eggs or bread, thats really all one ever really needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I don't know how long this will last- whatever I made last night did NOT settle too well with me this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I saw there was a guy that did a lenten fast on nothing but doppelbock and water.

    http://diaryofaparttimemonk.wordpress.com/

    Maybe you should do that next month because I don't think that one dollar will buy enough beer. You should also expect this diet when you come to visit Kim and me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Update: I am off this bet. There is no incentive other than saving about 5 bucks, and forget that.

    However, Matt, I will gladly drink only doppelbock and water when I visit you and Kim. Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete