April 26, 2011

I need a house in the country.

Images of soaking up the sun at my parent's house this weekend. I drank it in deep thirsty gulps while sending emails, journaling, reading, petting the dog, watching two robins fight and a male cardinal chase a female, and listening to the sounds of kids hunting for Easter eggs. I drank it in through my skin and hair and it went straight to my soul where it bleached the dark spots the last month left. I felt cleansed. Part of nature again.
Whole.

On Saturday I drank deep the Milwaukee Art Museum's Calatrava with a friend. Sharing art, sharing our shocking lives.


I imagine the inside of my soul (and yours!) looks like this Calatrava- all blues and whites and glass and marble and water and graceful arches of steel.

Beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. love your booties! and that last picture, too. p.s. what's your Words with Friends name? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My Words with Friends name is DijoH. Find me and let's play!

    ReplyDelete