A few days ago one of my favorite blogesses, the Noisy Plume, wrote an excellent entry on her self goals. I want to make my own here, in case I forget.
1. I want to be authentic. I never want to do or say something I am not feeling or totally believe in, if I can help it. Everything I do and say and think and create I want to be truly me, truly my reaction to the world around me. I want to be true to myself and my beliefs, because I believe that in doing this, I will be true to those around me, they can trust me because they will always know that if I am there, or if I create something, it is because of who I am, not because of how I feel I must be or think they want me to be.
2. I want to learn to dance without abandon again. I used to dance nonstop as a kid. I've kind of stopped. I'm going to start to take hip hop and ballet classes and let it out through dance! I'm excited about this.
3. I want to be the kind of person that listens with intent. That comments not just to comment. That hears. That empathizes. I want to hear behind the story behind the words.
4. I want a dog. An Irish Wolfhound. One that I can run with, explore the woods with, use as a pillow in front of a fireplace while I read The Economist and study French.
5. I want to learn to trust my intuition. Too many times have I felt something, and not acted on it, only to regret it. It's powerful in me, and knows better than I do. I need to learn to not only listen to it, but to act on it.
6. I want to be more careful with my time. I don't ever want to make someone or something a priority that isn't truly deserving. I want to remember to keep a balance between being good to myself and good to the people in my life.
2. I want to learn to dance without abandon again. I used to dance nonstop as a kid. I've kind of stopped. I'm going to start to take hip hop and ballet classes and let it out through dance! I'm excited about this.
3. I want to be the kind of person that listens with intent. That comments not just to comment. That hears. That empathizes. I want to hear behind the story behind the words.
4. I want a dog. An Irish Wolfhound. One that I can run with, explore the woods with, use as a pillow in front of a fireplace while I read The Economist and study French.
5. I want to learn to trust my intuition. Too many times have I felt something, and not acted on it, only to regret it. It's powerful in me, and knows better than I do. I need to learn to not only listen to it, but to act on it.
6. I want to be more careful with my time. I don't ever want to make someone or something a priority that isn't truly deserving. I want to remember to keep a balance between being good to myself and good to the people in my life.
That's a start. I'll add more as they come up.
Race tomorrow! Should be crazy weather. I am excited, but I've never been less prepared for a race. Bring it! Go TEAM!
No comments:
Post a Comment