April 09, 2011

one more thing

I know I've posted this before, but I have amazing friends. I don't deserve a single one of them, but they have taught me so much, have given to me so much, that I am forever in debt. I know, from them, what it is to be respected, appreciated, and loved. I am so blessed to have friends that will come over in the rain at night at a moments notice because I do not want to be alone. Who will stay the night because we were talking about ghosts and they know I am afraid of ghosts. Who will let me call them at any time of the day or night and cry and yell into their ear about the injustices of the world. Who sit by me when I am paralyzed in fear, whispering encouragement in my ear. Who give me sound, thoughtful advice, and convict me when I need it. Who will fly across the nation to not only see me run a triathlon, but run it with me, knowing how much it means to me. Who run around on a beach in Canada and sing songs and dance in the surf because sometimes you just need to let go. Who help me make a 25 tier- 25-layer birthday cake simply because I want it. Who throw me surprise parties. Friends who feed me, clothe me, lift me up when I am down and convince me when I need convincing of a God who also cares for me. What a rich life.

And I've been there, too. Been there when family has died, answered 3am calls, tried to give advice and piece together the injustices of the world with them, explored, fed, clothed, and lifted up. This is living. This is life. This is what everyone deserves.

I just had to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment