November 24, 2010

Ode to Mel

Meet Mel.
She's one of my besties from high school. This is her face. She is 4.5 months pregnant!!!!! I am so excited for her I feel like I am pregnant!! and I don't even want to be preggers. Her baby girl will be born soon. Can't wait! She's had a rough ride getting to this point, 4.5 months pregnant with a baby girl, so praise the Lord, "He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." (Job 5:9)


This is the cheesy "mommy's hands making a heart over her preggers belly" shot. I am not putting a hex on it, although it may seem like it in this photo. This is my super excited face pointing at that which I am super excited about.

I love Mel's imagination- it really is the most random, delightful thing you can experience. Mel also has a splendid ability, a psychic connection, to know to call me at exactly the moment I am needing a call the most. Even now, when I feel I am being a bit ridiculous in my fears, I hear Mel's voice say "Just relax, Heids." And then I usually do. It is absolutely reassuring knowing that wherever I am in the world, whatever might be going on, I have a friend in Mel.

Home for Thanksgiving, say yes to a healthy dose of country. I am pretty sure I won't want to be returning to the city. Le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment