She returned from Afghanistan this summer, and we sat and talked most of the night about everything and anything. I love that she has a huge vocabulary and a quick, intelligent mind. and I love that when I asked her, "do you ever meet people and think to yourself- there is another character for my novel?" she replied quite seriously, "yes, of course." and then we lamented that we don't immediately write down everything about that person, and instead are more likely to forget their nuances, and thus, never use them as a character.
Her brother was in a play with a local theater. He's a really great actor and planning to make a career of it. Here is a clip of his performance:
Aw, I love the picture of you guys :) I'm likely to remember nuances if they were especially ridiculous ;)
ReplyDeleteyeah, you have a good memory, Mel! I think we look old in that picture. or at least i do. i think it's the angle.
ReplyDeleteI like the picture too. You can't hide what you are, why try?
ReplyDeletethanks, Kim. I like looking old. It's kind of like, finally, we're getting somewhere.
ReplyDelete