So, I was informed by my brother that facebook would keep all your information active, so if you need to go back on and check something, all you need to do is log on and you'd automatically re-activate your account. I've done this from time to time to look at pictures of my nephew or check events. Then, last week I called my brother and he says "5pm tonight, Heidi. 5pm. That's when my account expires." Apparently after 2 weeks of not logging at all, everything gets erased and your account is permanently gone.
I've debated this bit of news, and thought about just logging on from time to time to keep all my pictures, etc, but I've been doing some thinking this weekend about resolve, seeing things through, finishing that last mile at a sprint.
In general, life always needs more of this. Everyone's lives. Steadfastness, courage, the wherewithal to stick with something, someone, an idea, a vision, a decision- anything, until the bitter end. Nothing gives a greater sense of accomplishment to do this, and nothing a greater sense of dismay to fail at this.
This is something I want to strive for in my personal life this upcoming year, and I am going to start with facebook. I'm unplugging. Start the clocks: in two weeks time it will be all over, for good. I'm restarting, letting into my life only the things that encourage love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. And I'm going to start looking for that in other people, and praising it when I see it.
Because enough of the opposite, already. Enough tolerating anything less than these fruits of the Spirit, of accepting anything less worthy, in myself or other people. No more walking to the finish line!
I liked this post. :) It's a good idea, I hope you see positive changes all around you.
ReplyDeletethanks mel! I had written more but it was starting to get preachy... I have a tendency to go on and on and on once I get started, so I cut it short, haha. Madison post tonight!
ReplyDeleteInspiring. Also, I just posted new pics on facebook :)
ReplyDeleteI'll see all your pics when I visit you in CA, kim.
ReplyDelete