March 09, 2011

Sated

Today looked a lot like this picture above. Wet, grey, tan, misty, foggy, blurry, windy, wet. Beautiful.

But I feel Full. Satiated.

Part of that has to do with my long hours spent solo at the art museum yesterday. Slowly perusing and devouring the entire Renaissance through Impressionism art section. I go there to get filled up. I go to the modern art section to get inspired.

But yesterday I needed filling. Filling Up. I still visited my favorite Picasso painting in the modern section. It's an old friend- I loved it since the moment I saw it in grade school- it's pathos speaks to something deep in me that I feel I will only fully understand when I am an old old woman and have lived. Have really
Lived.

This is lemon risotto which I made from the Smitten Kitchen's archives. Delicioso! My belly is rounded right now full of it, and even though it took an hour to make and tomorrow is going to come too fast, it is gorgeous- simply gorgeous.

I also made some baked chicken which turned out really well, although I am a bit worried I didn't cook it long enough because it was so juicy. I followed this recipe step by step.


So now, I am in bed satiated, I feel full, full of art, of food, of the weariness of biking in such beauty and working all day under fluorescent lights. I knew that I was running low on art, but I had no idea how alive, how content, how full a few hours at the art museum could make me.

duly noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment