March 17, 2011

cheering on (and up)

Sooo I've been feeling quite sad this week. I think it has to do with several things, one is that I was home over the weekend and really miss my friends that I saw there. They are just so smart about a lot of things, and creative and funny, and caring. Two is that on Monday morning when my alarm went off at 5:30am, I laid in bed and thought about everything that I need to do (final research paper in 13 days, fundraising for race in 3 weeks) I mean, big things, besides the little things like cooking and laundry, and felt myself get incredibly stressed (finally). Stress is a good thing and sometimes I need to sit and almost tell myself that it's time to get stressed. Although this isn't the happiest thing to do to myself. And three, it's spring, the death of winter. I am happy, trust me- when you bike an hour total a day, you are happy when it is 65+ degrees instead of 25 degrees, but a small to medium sized portion of my heart is sad to see winter go. I look forward to it, I enjoy it, I revel in the snow and the beauty of it, and I miss it when it is gone. Plus, the weather is humid and gusty and moist, and just the perfect backdrop to being moody and dramatic. So I feel myself leaning towards the moody and dramatic sad part of me.

But, I don't like to dwell here, so I called two of my happiest friends today, and am going to sleep now feeling happy. Talking to them for a total of 2.5 hours tonight, plus a phone call from my gma, has done wonders to my mood, reminded me that my life is bigger than just me and my little concerns, and also reminded me that there are a lot of people in my life that care about me and that I care about. And sometimes, I forget this, and it's good to be reminded.

So here's to old friends, to happy friends, to friends that care and lift you up when you are down. I am really blessed to have such amazing friends.

2 comments:

  1. :)

    I've been moody and emotional this week too :)

    Glad you're feeling better.

    I just listen to depressing music and fall into it until reality smacks me in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah several people I know have been out of sorts this week. I think it's the full moon tonight- biggest in 20 years. I think I'll take your advice and fall in to the sadness and just let it be. I'm weary of fighting it.

    ReplyDelete