March 25, 2011

Navigating these waters

Lately, it seems like everyone's worlds have been crumbling down. While last week we blamed it on the full moon, the fact that worlds are still falling this week really make us glance furtively at the sky, cringing. I have bent many friend's ears this week, sought advice and told tales I never wanted to tell, went on long soul purging bike rides, and cried through an entire opera. Resoundingly, I have realized I am not alone. I have also sat these past two weeks and heard many of my friends lament of their troubles and trials and downfalls and as we all sit together and try to figure out, just at the least, what is the next step, and where do we go from here... I have realized, we are not alone. We aren't navigating these waters of adulthood, loss, and grief solo. While ultimately we make our own decisions and suffer our own consequences, the past two weeks have left me feeling calmed by the fact that I am not alone navigating these waters. I have so many people I can turn to, who I care so much about, and who will be there for me no matter what. This gives me incredible strength and I fear nothing.

But, as I sit here on a Friday, completely exhausted, I feel overwhelmed and almost physically crushed by all the stories I have heard and all the emotions I have endured the past two weeks. Enough.

Tomorrow this will all spur me on, will encourage me to push harder and achieve more. But tonight, I am flat, used up, finished, and need rest.

I don't know how to end this post. I just wanted to record what I realized, that we are doing this, all of us, all at once. bring it, life.

No comments:

Post a Comment