August 02, 2010

why Hello, August

do you ever feel as though someone were shoving you through time and it's all you can do to keep steady feet? um yeah, I feel that way right now, so many crazy amazing things have happened in the month of July, and now it is August, and I need some time to catch my breath and digest and reflect and react and so

I ran tonight.

35 minutes *practically* nonstop. at night. with a light rain. in the heat, and sat by the cool lake and swallowed lake flies while running and felt my spicy Italian sub with extra gidarno (sp?) that I ate 20 min before my run burn my insides so I didn't for a bit know what coolness was

hello, August.

Nice to see you. Please stay longer than July. My summer went too fast, and I got gypped with le mono, so stay awhile. make yourself comfortable. spend the last summer nights with me at the lake and let's reflect and digest and react so

I can face the fall and the winter with summer heat in my skin and the sun in my hair. the first fall in awhile where I don't have to take classes, and can enjoy a paycheck and reflect on the hot summer runs and bike rides along the lake.

I took a cab back from the train today and it may be worth it to take a cab back every day because those 20 min i get home earlier mean the world to me after a long day at work and a 2 hour commute.

I made a bet with Shen that for the rest of the month until the Tri (in 27 days eeee!) we needed to never miss a practice, and the first one that does has to buy the other one a plane ticket to Boston/Chicago. Shen and I aren't the best at discipline, so we'll see what happens.... she registered for the tri and I am SO EXCITED to run it with her. ah, bliss.

also, may give up career to do stand up comedy. maid of honor speech went well this weekend. not sure if it went THAT well though, but for introverted me it was a victory.

one last thing: this is the song that I ran to tonight and I would like to share it with you:



ok that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment