August 09, 2010

burst of energy

this weekend, after feeling rather blah on Sunday morning, I decided to just eat until I was full. So after church I came home and made some breakfast for Joelle and I, and ate 5 blueberry pancakes and 6 slices of bacon and 2 scrambled eggs. Then I felt amazing in the afternoon and went for a 3 mile run at night before dinner. I ran it at almost a sprint, and was soaked in sweat even before I made it to the lake.

But there's something just really nice running in such heat and humidity with your mp3 player blasting in your ears, and all you have the space to think about is moving your legs and arms and breathing in perfect rhythm, over and over and over again and feeling your muscles all work in perfect coordination. And sometimes not so perfect as you are apt to slip on the sand from time to time...

It's really so lovely I wish I had the guts to run right now at 10:37 pm, but it is too dangerous and I am tired and I already biked 6 miles today and was covered in sweat, so I think I'll wait until tomorrow.

My new running clothes make it feel as though I am wearing nothing when I run- I cannot feel them at all, and they breathe so well my sweat doesn't cling to me. It makes summer running so much more enjoyable!

And I can tell my muscles are back- no fat jiggling anymore when I run, and I'm starting to feel leaner as I run and bike and swim. It's a really good feeling.

In other news, my bike was dropped off to get a new seat and handlebars yesterday, and I'll be without it for the next 2 weeks, which means I'll get it back right before my tri. I think I'll be ok. So when Phil, the bike guy took my old seat off he handed it to me bc I said I wanted to keep it (even though it was literally duct taped together...) but when I turned it over there was a HUGE spider with hairy legs sitting in a giant mess of web staring at me. I screamed and Phil kindly took it outside and we just left the seat out there on the sidewalk for the spider to crawl away and find a new home. We both examined it a little bit and admired it's hairy legs since it was just so huge. It looked poisonous.

Also I went kayaking on Saturday with Joe and Joelle. I consider it part of my workout. I think my arms are buffer already. Yep, Definitely. Are. Buffer.

not a word, I know.

Long, rambling post, much like my Monday.

Is it getting darker earlier? Not a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment