August 14, 2010

baby, its hot outside

I did a lot of running this week, as my bike was being upgraded and swimming wasn't just possible with my work schedule. It has also been in the 90s all week, and even though I ran at night in the dark, it was still super hot. I ran at least 3 miles each time I ran, and it actually felt really good. I discovered I like to run when it is ridiculously hot outside. I stop at every bubbler along the lake, just because i am paranoid about getting dehydrated, but other than that it's running like usual. It's somehow nice to be completely covered in sweat.

I got my bike back yesterday, and rode it to the camera store downtown and then home. It. is. amazing. i can pedal with such less effort, it really is just incredible. probably 12 miles round trip and i didnt get winded once. fabulous.

I'm home in Wind Lake now, and looking forward to three short run/bikes today. It will be nice to train without a ton of people around and the expanse of the green countryside at my feet. Feel slightly guilty for not training with the team this morning, though.

I almost swam in the lake yesterday, as my coworker has made convincing arguments for swimming in it. But just as I had made up my mind to go for a swim I heard over the radio that 3 beaches in Chicago were closed down for high e. coli levels. Even though my beach wasn't, hey, its all the same water, so I wasn't taking any chances. I have just been raised to fear Lake Michigan. it's going to take some time to get over that. Wed is a group open swim at the beach that I am going to try hard to make, so that will be my first foray into the lake for a nice long half mile swim. Tuesday is a race day clinic, looking forward to that too. At this point though, I am excited to do the tri, but really just want my first one over with and out of the way.

whoohoo! bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment