July 08, 2010

sore!

A little bit sore today, but it's a good feeling. I'm surprised I didn't feel queasy running yesterday, as I had just split half a pizza with my roomie and eaten a ton of grapes right before I ran...

right after I got back from running yesterday I felt really weak, like I couldn't stand. So I plopped on the couch and worked on my research. after about an hour passed, I started to feel really energized and good, as though suddenly my runner's high had kicked in. I actually like not exercising for awhile, because when you come back to it your legs are fresh, and you feel the effects of running so much more strongly. I sound like a drug addict.

it's true, though. I work behind a computer; there are few reasons for me to ever leave it. So having an excuse to exercise and go to the lake and GET OUTSIDE is welcome. I'm actually also looking for a pick up soccer team to join- I used to love it so much in grade school, and played whenever I could with friends in Boston, but haven't really done it here in Chicago. A beach volleyball team would be fun to join too, but I think it's too late in the season for that. Anything that would get me outside more...

Also in the works: thinking of a fall east coast road trip to VT, ME, NY, and MA. to see the foilage, of course. and maybe a camping trip? I miss the east coast camping trips too! All these things I just never really picked up again when I moved to Chicago... but now with grad school ending...

ah plans. plans plans and more plans.

2 comments:

  1. yes! let's do it! come to visit! -susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say how impressed I am? You are recovering SO fast from mono, compared to me!!! I think all that tri-ing had your body all in shape so that you could bounce back fast. Awesome. Maybe I need to learn something here... nah, I'll just keep sitting on my butt. ;)

    And, congrats on the job!!!!

    ReplyDelete