Dropped my bike off today to get fixed at Copenhagen Cyclery. I forgot how eclectic Wicker Park is... so many stores! I need to get over there more often, it's really not that far away. My bike should be done on Friday, so whoot! I can start bike- commuting again, thank GOD! Oh, and I'm getting a new seat, so no more duct tape... and squishy wet seat when it rains.
I've been doing sit ups and push ups regularly, and also squats, since the hamstrings do not get exercised enough when biking, swimming, or running. I was told that poor strengthening of them can lead to knee pain, and is a major cause of missed races, since it takes awhile to act up. So, one minute of static squats a day. 50 seconds in, and it burns like fire.
Anyway, I'm going to go run and hope that I get caught in rain. Summer rain running... nothing better!
I got caught in the rain today. It actually felt kinda good! I was so jaded from track and when it would rain, it was miserable, but not anymore!
ReplyDelete