I installed these racks on my bike tonight. After another day of sweaty back commuting, I decided to just stop in REI on the way home and buy a pannier. They had the Ortleib I talked about in my previous post, and a timbuk2. I decided to go with the Timbuk2, as it had enough room. I actually put everything that was in my backpack, in the messenger style Timbuk2, and it fit ok.
I still might keep this uber- cute dutch pannier, if I need to stop on my way home for groceries or something. We'll see.
Oh so the dutch one does go on the bike. Then why the problem with carrying it?
ReplyDeleteBecause to load my bike on the train I'd have to take it off so it's easier to carry my bike up very steep stairs, and then quickly secure it inside the train with passengers all around... So I would need to carry it on my shoulder and it wouldn't stay put if it doesn't have a cross strap like my messenger bag. Complicated. I know.
ReplyDelete