June 15, 2011

It is rainy today

and the earth is green green green.

When my alarm went off this morning, and I realized it was raining, I let myself sleep in and skip my shower, knowing I'd be drenched within seconds anyway on my bike ride.

and I was.

And it was delightful. Although I later realized that becoming drenched in rain is not exactly like showering unless you are nearly naked. If you are covered in clothes, its just semi-sloshy. Biking in the rain (really, anything in the rain) is so much better than when it is dry. My gears all ran smoothly, my bike glided, even flew across the pavement and I was buoyed to the train on a hydroplane of water and slick oil. The trail in the north is blooming with all sorts of wonderful green things that make my eyes itch and nose twitch, but still I breathed deep the pure air of the country and thought, wow, I haven't really breathed in quite some time.



.
.
.
.
....i can't stop kissing this one's ears.....
.





I am fighting the urge to run right now. Fast, and with abandon. Run with my hair down, like the mane of a horse. Barefoot. Through grass.

The sound of rain, too. Like the sky going HUSHhhhhhhhh SHUSHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh SSSSSSssss and the POURrrrrrrrr and GRrrrrRumble of thunder.

Today, on the train, I had so many interesting thoughts. Even though my actions are mundane, and my job at times unfulfilling, my mind is jumping into waterfalls, and gazing up at tall tall trees and my feet scrambling across a forest floor, my fingers feeling twigs and scratchy things.

I purposely hit every puddle at full speed to and from work today, on my bike.

Now I sit at my desk in my room, and devote the rest of my night to finishing up my storyboards for my research. My window is open and the cars hiss when they drive by. A mother just beat the crap out of her young son on the sidewalk and yelled at him when he cried. A helicopter is buzzing overhead and people are shouting at yellow cabs weaving through the streets....

... I love the city, every last bit. But it won't be long until I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment