June 28, 2011

i'll still never do it again (she said again)


dive in.

“I wish I could be more like you,” she says to me. “Not feel so much.” No, I think, don’t be anything like me. The depth and breadth and hugeness of your feeling is the very best thing about you.

“I don’t understand how I fell for that. I’m a smart person, I should have known better. Why couldn’t I see what was right in front of me?” she says to me. We make ourselves believe what we want to be true, I tell her, but I want to say, because you were willing to fight for what you wanted. You were willing to open yourself up enough to try to make and keep love by the sheer force of your will, instead of just finding something that would be easier and require less faith. There’s no shame in that." by lawful-evil


via here via here.

it's funny, not so long ago a dear friend said almost the exact same thing to me, and it was the best thing anyone has said to me in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment