June 12, 2011

just be nice

I recently went to a new dentist, and

1. He was amazing, took his time to explain everything once he found out I was all about medical art and procedures.
2. Had a sign in his office that said "just be nice"



This is one of my figure class drawings. Sometimes it is so easy to forget that art makes me happy, so much happier than so many things, makes me feel complete, and settles my mind. It's easy to forget, with so many other stresses, so many other people telling me I can't do it, that it will never happen. That I will never be... _______.

So many dissenters!

just be nice.

I will make it my personal goal this week to encourage, everyone I cross paths with, to do their deepest desire, to accomplish their utmost goal. If someone has a vision, why not encourage them, no matter how unreal it is? You never know where that vision may lead. Also, you never know what they are capable of. I know I perform better under encouragement, and many times surprise myself, just because someone encouraged me.

Also, I know the dangers and risks of dreaming big and falling short, or realizing that what I thought I wanted I never really did want after all... well, at least not more than something else. Talking about wanting to be a doctor, and realizing I love art more than any desire to be a doctor. Deciding these things- to pursue medicine, then art, was easy; the follow-through is wicked hard. The deep pain of letting go of one dream... even if for another... that is something I am glad I experienced. I am glad I tried, and glad I, in essence, failed. That is something that shouldn't be denied anyone.

What about this, what if we all encouraged each other, what more could humanity be capable of?
I have a feeling it would be a lot more than we know.

I choose to be optimistic today towards humanity.


That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment