June 25, 2011

a new thing


I recently came across this girl's amazing flickr stream. She took a self-portrait every day for a year, and you can really see her photos get better over time, although she was amazing from day one. I was inspired, and decided to do the same. It's a small thing that will help my photos and eye for colors, textures, composition, creativity, lighting.... and it is fun! A tiny diary, of sorts. I want to also use this project to help me express myself more physically, to sort of let what is in.... out. So far I'm on day 7, and haven't missed a day yet! I think just being able to do this consistently for a year will be part of the accomplishment.

You can check them all out here, I made the set public so anyone can view. Please add comments and critiques so I can continue to develop my skillz!

ps. I just looked at some of her photos again, and she's sooo good! truly inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment