June 09, 2010

on not exercising.

I can't begin to explain how frustrating not exercising is. I went to the pool at my apartment complex today and some guys were swimming and I wanted nothing more than to jump in a do a few laps myself... but was resigned to sit at the poolside and read. It was so frustrating I left after a few minutes. I used to break up my day with a run or bike along the lake and feel so much better after I got back that I could sit down and concentrate on the rest of my day. It was like the run or bike would empty my mind and body of all the thoughts jostling around and make room for creative ideas. Now the thoughts are just jostling around with no hope of being cleaned out. Exercise became a way to dust my mind off and fill me with ideas. And, oddly, it's really only in it's absence that I notice how important it became.

I'd love to just run outside and play some beach volleyball, badminton, kick a soccer ball around, throw a Frisbee, go hiking or camping, swim in the lake, run, bike, anything! When I can train again I'm going to do it with a vengeance to make up on this time missed.

ugh. patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment