May 15, 2010

worried

I am sick since Thursday with some sort of intense headache that hurts when i move my eyes- like blinking, or sudden movements. My neck also hurts when i move it, and my lymph nodes are swollen and tender to touch. I've been googling my symptoms all day yesterday, and i'm pretty sure it's not a migraine- even though i am nauseous, because I don't have sensitivity to light. It might be a sinus infection, but I don't have the fever, and my head isn't ridiculously stuffed. mysterious.

But, this means I haven't been training the past 3 days and i'm getting a little worried. I never, ever, intended to take time off from training for school, let alone then getting sick. I was just thinking the other day how amazing it has been that I haven't been sick all year- not even a cold, and chalked it up to exercising 6 days a week. I guess, maybe, since I stopped for 2 weeks, my defenses got weakened and now I'm sick? I dunno, but if the headache is still around on Monday I'm going to a doctor. I need to get back on track with training!!!!

this is all very discouraging, and I'm rather worried. rah.

2 comments:

  1. When I got mono it started the same way. It cleared up in a few days, then a week or two later I got a massive fever and the real mono kicked in. It could also just be an odd flu. The headache and stiff neck and pooped feeling are also flu symptoms.

    You've been through an exhausting few weeks - give yourself the break!!! :) I'll be rooting for you to recover ASAP so you can get back to trying to tri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! I hope it's not mono, that would be perfect timing... and by that i mean worst timing ever. :(

    ReplyDelete