So Sara might have been right- went to the doctor today and got a blood test for mono. I should know later this week what's up. Had a fever of 101 all weekend, so... I did swim on Friday and run on Saturday. The doc today said I shouldn't run, in case of enlarged spleen, but swimming and biking are ok i guess. He said it just won't feel very good. Honestly, I just don't think exercising right now is the best idea. If I do have mono, I think it's pretty safe to say the Elkhart Tri is cancelled for me, and I will just focus on the Chicago Tri at the end of August (wherein I will do the olympic distance)
So, that all stinks. But what can you do.
I survived on tylenol this weekend, and enjoyed seeing a friend from NYC and going to a wedding at U of Chicago. I also made a new friend, who is going to bike with me. Guess I will focus now on fixing up some artwork and my website and making a few jewelry pieces, I guess! and my research... should probably work on that so I can be *officially* done with school forever.
Oh no!!! I generally like being right, but not in this case. However, I think you probably don't have mono/EBV. If you did, you would not be able to do ANYTHING... much less RUN! It's probably some other viral thing. Make sure you're eating regular meals, taking vitamins, sleeping a lot, and not stressing out. I'll be rooting for you to get healthy, and THEN (later) tri-ing! :)
ReplyDeletei agree, i think its an infection, bc i threw up all last night (not a mono symptom) and i don't have a sore throat, which is common with mono. I go to the dr again tomorrow. blah, not fun. the fever is still around too, although its off and on.
ReplyDelete