This week is the first week since starting full time at my job in Sept that I didn't bike 12 miles a day, mon-fri. As you can assume, I am bursting with energy and feel like my muscles have atrophied 50%. So, today, first thing out of bed I went for a run.
36 degrees and freezing rain, with a VERY strong wind from the southeast. ouch. I would have done better wearing one more layer, especially after a wave caught me and drenched the right side of my body. Things got very cold after that. But it was cleansing, and I got some things off my mind through the run, and I feel lighter, somehow.
The rain caused a fog to hang over the city, and the wind whipped the water into huge swells that splashed over the path. Even amidst all this, there were seagulls and ducks and loons flying about, catching fish, getting drenched and loving it. They taught me today that when storms and waves come, you don't have to be afraid. In fact, you can be defiant, and play about and find the beauty in the bad weather. Bad weather can be so cathartic.
I might go for a swim tonight too. Weekends are glorious.
Woot!
ReplyDeleteSometimes it's hard to be defiant during the 'storms' so I'm glad you found the strength to.
Also, are you coming home for Christmas at all?
I agree- this post came out too trite. I'm not entirely sure what I was trying to say, other than I learned a lesson from those birds today. Life has to go on, even in storms, maybe?
ReplyDeleteyes. I emailed you.