Went for a swim tonight- maybe 30 min? I was amazed that, even though I haven't swum since the tri in late Aug, it was like second nature to stretch my limbs and pull myself through the water. I could feel muscles that haven't been used in months contract and pull and flex in my back and arms and stomach. The pool at FFC is nice, but there's dirt in the corners and it's only 5 feet deep the entire way, which I feel makes it dirtier. Maybe because you can see the dirt at the bottom when it's shallower. I burned off a lot of energy and again, feel clearer and more calm than before I swam.
Sometimes I am astounded how quickly and radically physical exercise has become a large part of my life- a release of sorts for everything I don't and should express, but instead hold inside. Before this year yeah, I liked to run now and then, and biked to get around, but... now it's a refuge, something I go to work through problems in a physical way. Kind of like the potter's wheel or a lump of clay has always been in the past for me.
All good things, here. Good discoveries, these. I am thankful for a job that pays me enough that I can join such a swanky gym! (even if Oprah doesn't go there) (i know, sad)
No comments:
Post a Comment