I am working on this hand model for work, and that's really all the more detail I can tell you. BUT in researching and sculpting the past 4 months hand tendons, ligaments, and bones... I have learned a few things.
Our hands are so, so complex. Each slight movement from a finger is controlled by a perfectly organized system that involves our whole arm. Each tendon is a cord with perfect balance and tension on our bones, working in companion with an antagonizing cord. Each flexor has an extensor, each extensor is harnessed by a tendinous sheath, each sheath encapsulates the bones and ligaments, all at an approximate distance from each other so that our fingers move fluidly and don't swing about wildly when we want to merely lift a finger.
We are perfectly strung. Each piece perfectly placed. Each bone perfectly formed. All strung together by fibers and cells which each have their specific purpose. If you could but peer beneath the skin for a split second, what you would see, what perfect physics and fluidity, what shiny sheath that encases your bone... the long tendons that run up your arm to the muscles that are nestled there. It's so beautiful, so astounding, that if you are blessed enough to possess two hands and 10 fingers, you should feel like the most perfect, most whole, most beautifully made creation. And if you don't, well I could wax romantic about nearly any part of the human body. I'm just really stuck on hands right now. Such amazing pieces of engineering that they are.
so perfectly strung.
so impossible to sculpt.... . . .. . .
Perfectly made by a perfect creator!
ReplyDelete