April 29, 2010

why hello there.

So, confession.

I took the last 5 days off of training.

School is just nuts- I walk in commencement next Thursday, and the majority of my immediate family is coming, and I have about 10 pieces of artwork to get done before then, and a few presentations, and I also picked up jewelry making (more on that later) last Friday. I am still working on my etsy account. stay tuned. no really, do stay tuned. It's how I plan on paying my rent this summer...

Anyways, I'm on hyper-drive right now, which means little sleep and I hardly notice until i absolutely CRASH (happened yesterday). I DID bike to school today, the windiest day of my life- 24mph winds! And, it's spring in the city, which means pollen in the air, and since it's spring the road construction is coming out, so there was a lot of debris in the air. At times it felt like I was being exfoliated with city dirt. Awesome. I also was biking with a v. heavy bag (laptop, sketchbooks, etc.) which threw me off balance. HOWEVER, while it was not ideal, or the most lovely ride of my life, I did feel SO GOOD afterward, and still do, and will probably do some core work to keep up the good feelings.

I'll most likely do my Friday swim tomorrow, and the brick workout on Saturday (it's along the lakefront). We get our wetsuits Saturday. exciting. But those will probably be the last workouts until That Time Which is After Friday. when my semester is finally, really and truly, over.

here' is a smidgen of my latest piece- spent all day yesterday working on it, and enjoyed it immensely!


Oh, and a little story for you if you're interested: I bought my cap and gown today. It was funny, my gown size was on the cusp of two different sizes, so she had me try it on in the store, and when I put it on, I put my arms all the way through the sleeve, and the sleeve end was sown shut. I looked at her with a horrified expression, where did my hands go? and then she explained to me that masters gowns have "wings" and there is a hole before the end of the sleeve that you put your hands through. We both laughed pretty hard. In fact, I could hardly stop laughing. oh man.

No comments:

Post a Comment