Well, hello blog. Been awhile.
I ran today, in 45 degree weather, and 16mph winds from the North. Oh, it was raining too... took me 25 minutes to run one way into the wind, and 15 minutes back, with the wind at my back. Still, somehow, my brain was somewhere else- I have a lot to think about right now- and my body was on autodrive, so I just plodded along and hardly noticed the time go by. The city was shrouded in a gray fog from the rain, and hardly looked like a city at all, as the skyscrapers were cut short.
This weekend I was in Eau Claire for Easter, and stayed at a hotel with my parents. My dad and I hit up the workout room Sunday night. I ran about 4 miles, and he ran/walked half a mile... he's working on getting into shape, and has made a lot of progress. I'm really proud of him, he walk/runs every morning on the treadmill, and lifts weights, and reads bodybuilding magazines..... ha ha i kid you not. It's pretty much awesome. I laugh every time we talk about working out and trade advice. He's always picking up some new project, and I'm really impressed with his focus on this endeavor. I secretly hope some day we can do a race together. We'll see!
oh, and I think I still owe you a dad- story about the treadmill. It's coming.
Bike tomorrow (it's going to snow! what?), swim Friday, Mini Tri (eee!) Sat morning, and fundraiser Sat night.
As a loyal reader, I had missed your blog entries. Glad you're back.
ReplyDelete