To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Somehow, I feel as though triathlon training and the purging of my life that I have done lately belong together, and belong on this blog. I deleted my facebook and twitter accounts on Thursday. Recently, I have been inundated with a barrage of ridiculousness that I can't quite figure out, since everything in my school and personal life, while difficult, has been for the most part enjoyable. For the first time in my life I feel accomplished as an artist, and as a student- I am learning what I really want to learn. I made it a point to follow my heart this year, and it has paid me back one hundred fold already. Triathlon training and TNT is part of that heart-following, and the discipline and physical benefits amplify every other part of my life. It is full of sacrifices, to follow my heart, but every sacrifice has enough benefits to make it worth it. Every day I work harder on becoming the person I want to be, and facebook and twitter just weren't in that image of myself.
For those of you who watch South Park, basically I just won at Yahtzee.
Yesterday we did a mini tri- a 10 minute swim, 30 minute bike, and 20 minute run. It was difficult, but definitely doable. When I woke up yesterday morning, I almost didn't go. I wasn't feeling well, I hadn't slept well, and just didnt feel I could do the entire workout without being in immense pain. But, I went, and somewhere in the middle of the run, I felt really really good about being there. And after it was all over, I felt amazing. Exercise has that fascinating capability to do a 180 on your mood in an hour. I also proved to myself, once again, that when you absolutely do NOT feel like doing something, most often that is exactly when you should do it. Sounds backwards, but so true.
Last night was the fundraiser. A lot of my classmates came out and supported me, and we had so much fun. I am forever indebted to them for their support, it really is amazing and inspiring. I also love having artist-friends who are so easy going and creative and fun and free- constantly inspiring me to be the same in my life and art. Sometimes thought is overrated, you just need to stop thinking and simply. be.
so again, thank you Pionek, Brake, Annie, Michaela, Elissa, and Joelle for being so awesome!! It means a lot to me, but it also means a lot to the people trying to cure cancer, and trying to fight it. Of this i am convinced.
No comments:
Post a Comment