that was my mantra today as I rode my bike into a very strong headwind for about 3 miles along the lake, wearing not enough clothing. I decided to bike to school today (around 3-7 miles one way, depending my path) and to wear shorts and a sweatshirt. Yeah, it was a drizzly, barely 45 degrees- which was about 5 degrees too cold to wear only shorts and no gloves. Especially with the strong wind. As I approached the last 2 mile stretch along the lake before my warm apartment with stores of food, my hands and legs were red from the wind and cold, and my stomach was growling very loudly. I considered walking my bike, but realized that would only delay the warmth and food that was so close. 'Never give up, never surrender', I told myself, and slowly pedaled into the wind, wanting very much to give up and surrender.
today was supposed to be a rest day, but I wasn't feeling very good yesterday, so I decided to make yesterday a rest day and bike today, since i had to go to school anyway. Hope that will work out for me. Tomorrow I have my night team swim. looking forward to it, but hoping i won't be too exhausted, since I have to get up by 6am tomorrow. bler.
In other news, I got guinea pigs yesterday, pictures to be posted soon.
Also, I am pretty much decided that I'll do the Chicago Tri in August. Thanks to everyone that has helped me fundraise, I have officially reached my goal!!! The blog will be going public shortly. :) :) :) (i don't really like using :) at all, find it kind of corny, but i am honestly just that happy and elated that i reached my goal, to give you three smiley faces in a row. My biggest fear in doing this was the fund raising, but your support has been beyond expectations!! you all rock!)
Here's three more: :) :) :)
=o)
ReplyDelete