After thinking it through, I'm really leaning to do the sprint distance at the Elkhart Tri and the olympic distance at the Chicago Tri. Two tri's in one year! whoo! bring it. I'll discuss with my coaches and decide Tuesday.
Also, I've decided to open up my blog to everyone once I have all the money I need fund-raised. Shouldn't be long now...
And those shoes... interesting experience there. Yesterday after my 45 min bike, that turned into more like 1.5 hours... I was mud splattered and exhausted and stopped by Fleet Feet in Piper's Alley where they do an assessment of your stride. You run on a treadmill and they take a video of your step and slow it down and analyze it. I have a pretty good stride, only slight pronation on my right foot, but if you ask me my legs were dead from the bike ride. I found out my left foot is half a size larger than my right foot. Also, you order running shoes one size larger than normal, so I got 9.5 size shoes- the biggest shoes I've ever bought. He brought out 3 pairs, 2 of which felt like bricks on my feet. The last one I tried on was perfect. I put them on and immediately knew these were my shoes. Didn't hurt that they had purple accents... :) I was in and out in 30 minutes. After years of running, I know what feels good and what doesn't, and what I like. I prefer to have an extremely lightweight shoe with hardly any support, but these have decent support, especially for my arch, since the ball of my foot has been hurting. And once I can save up enough, I really want to buy those Five Finger shoes.
I ran in them today and they were pretty nice, but my second toe on my right foot still fell asleep about 15 minutes in, so whatevs. Probably should get that checked out. Felt good otherwise, although still a bit like clodhoppers.
My bike yesterday was fun... my seat was too low, so I stopped halfway through and adjusted it, only to have it continuously slide down the longer I rode. Which mean getting off and adjusting it again. I had images of the seat falling down to the bottom suddenly, and me falling off my bike. I rode pretty far north, and discovered a bird sanctuary (??) along the lake, and some other great views of the city. Chicago keeps surprising me, every time I leave the apt I see something new.
There were TONS of people along the lake, biking and running. It was 65 degrees and hardly any wind. I felt protective, as in the winter there is virtually no one running along the lake. I don't think the other people really deserve to run along the lake in the warm weather, if they can't handle the cold weather. Fairweather athletes... and they all get in my way. ugh. But there's something to be said for not stopping for red lights, so of course I'll keep biking along the lake. Sometimes I can't wait to move out of the city!
Swim tomorrow, run Sat, and bike Sunday. Bring it.
No comments:
Post a Comment