November 05, 2011

some saturday

Started things off this morning with a brisk 9.3 mile run. Some context: the furthest I've run in the past year has been 3 miles at a time... but, Clarence and I kept a steady 10:30 pace, and finished in around an hour 40 minutes. No walking! And the Ghiardelli chocolate fondue at the end was marvelous.



Man am I sore!
I cannot begin to tell you what this race and not walking it means to me. I didn't train, but I still pushed hard, something I usually don't do. There's something to be said about pushing limits and the unique emotion and confidence that fills your being afterwards.

Day 72 extra

Afterwards, of course, I went to the hot tub and soaked my aches away.
bliss.

Then I went to the SOFA and was inspired by these graceful pieces by Shayna Leib William G. Turnbull and Susan Taylor Glasgow (respectively). There were some great forms this year at the SOFA. Right now I find myself enamored and fixated on forms. The balance, precision, and creation of space.
bliss again.




2 comments:

  1. Hello Heidi,

    Thank you for including an image of my "Communal Nest" in your blog. I love visiting Chicago for SOFA.
    Susan Taylor Glasgow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good guys... glad you had a great race! Sad not to see Clarence in the red speedo though. =p

    ReplyDelete