November 30, 2011

odds. ends.

Sometimes I blog because there's just so much going on in my life that I need a place to sort it out, sort of.

First off: seriously, deliriously, considering buying myself this faux fur throw. Ridiculously expensive, but I somehow feel like indulging right now. I've fallen in love with Restoration Hardware over thanksgiving, and love the beautifully crafted everything in that store. That's the sort of style I picture my dream home to have. My grey stone cabin surrounded by purple flowers in some woods with an outdoor kiln and place to do pottery... this is as ambitious as my dreams get, folks.

Tomorrow I start carpooling: the past 8 months of biking have left my lower half in ridiculously good shape, but I decided today after biking in 5 total layers in 25 degree weather, that it's time to give my body a break and start carpooling. I would put it off longer, but I don't want to spend 140 on a month metra pass, when I know I won't be able to bike until through the whole month of december. I really hate carpooling though, because it adds an hour total to my commute each day and nothing is as peaceful as the metra. Hopefully my dad will get my car fixed soon soon soon. When he does I will commute to work and learn French through tapes.

Saw my friends from high school over the break and it was downright delightful.

Picked up my pottery pieces yesterday, overall: B. There are one or two pieces I am really proud of, the rest are just exercises in honing my skill. I have about 1.2 million ideas that I want to realize in clay, so all i need is about 1.2 million minutes and my creation craving soul will be sated. read: my commute sucks.

I just downloaded the ebook version of A Walk in the Woods. Should be amazing. Can't wait. I also get the Economist again, and Time mag (thanks, Susan!) which had an excellent article on anxiety this week, and the quarterly (physical copy) of City Journal. So, lots to read. I read a great article on the train tonight about women in the workplace in the Economist, before falling into a deep sleep on the train.

I have been working hard hard hard on my website, and it is looking nice if I do say so myself. Of course I am going the extra mile and including some jQuery code for a nice effect, which means teaching myself jQuery and java. I hope to get a lot done on it this weekend. It is my ticket out, folks.

I love the cold crisp air, but don't love the dryness of winter.
I lost my headphones.
My room looks amazing. My dad helped me make some furniture on Thanksgiving day. Pictures of that to come as well.
I was hung over for the beginning half of this day. No regrets.
The models at work are coming to a close, but I reckon if the teeth model ever gets out there into the world it will be a miracle.
Christmas lights are the best.
I've been kicking butt lately in most of my Scrabble games. It's like something clicked, after playing it for a year, multiple games a week, and all I can do is win.
Hoping my gma heals quickly. I am not ready for her to not be on this earth.

I'm just ready for the snow. I love winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment