I got a nook. about two week ago.
what this means for my life, is a lot of reading. so far I've read Never Let Me Go, Bluebeard, The Tipping Point, Committed, and This Side of Paradise. I have Lolita on reserve. I am a reading maniac.
coming back to reading is like coming back to something I have always needed, always had, since I was 3 and read my first word. i would read in the shower, in the car, i'd put fiction books in my math book during math class to disguise that I was reading instead of listening to lecture, and read my English book cover to cover first day of class. this continued all through college, where i briefly flirted the idea of a minor in English for a few semesters.
if I have been passionate about anything my entire life, it has been reading.
the last few years my obsession with books drifted off, and was replaced with tv shows on my laptop before falling asleep. i saw my concentration levels drop, my writing become more careless, and my vocabulary decline. i really think a large part of this was because I stopped reading so fervently.
well, my friends, i'm back. the best part about the nook i that i can check out books from the library any time. with my commute, i have one hour during the week when i can get to the library, and only Saturdays on the weekend. with my nook...i have the library at my fingertips anytime of the day or night. also, the nook is much lighter than books.
I've also started updating my Goodreads .
in other news, confrontation at work and traveling this weekend threw me off until today, when i finally felt whole again. relaxed. let the week commence.
No comments:
Post a Comment