October 02, 2011

food for the stomach; food for the soul


I spent over an hour cooking tonight. Made some recipes I've had my eyes on from my favorite cooking website, smittenkitchen.com. I'm still working on my food photography skills, but I must blame some of it on the poor lighting in the kitchen. Poor lighting anywhere really bothers me. Like at work, we have that flickering overhead lighting and I find it nearly impossible to be creative in the studio.

I went to the lake this afternoon and sat, for a long time. Just observing. Memorizing the colors, the shapes. Watching the waves in their motion, staring at the horizon, and letting the shadows of the skyscrapers behind me cover me and reach out into the lake. Whispered prayers, meditated on a sermon, and adored the Creator. Met a very friendly dog. Tried to look people in the face while I walked there and back, to step outside my world into theirs, even if for a second.




Worked on my website. Nailed down a design. Working on the coding.

Dug out my ceramics books. I'll read them on the train this week. I've sketched on the train this week coaster and mug designs, other random forms, and website designs. Starting to take my art seriously, and consider what art I want to pursue and perfect, and what art I want to drop to the wayside. Discovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment