It's really a good thing to, when encountered with the same situation again and again, to finally, FINALLY see some growth in yourself and see yourself change and handle it differently, at least this time. And truly trusting yourself that you are changing and growing, and stopping that errant behavior that defined your life so well not so long ago.
But this refiner's fire is hot and it burns and it is not a lesson easily learned.
But (again) I don't want to shrink from life. I don't want to reach out so far, so very far, and then shrink back at the last minute. This is not the way to live.
No matter what Hamlet says.
I wish to preach, not the doctrine of ignoble ease, but the doctrine of the strenuous life. -Teddy R
Some good thoughts. The testing is not always fun, but it provides growth. May God grant us the courage/trust/faith in his Word to live. It's so hard to talk about this duality of "It's all God, but you're responsible" when we talk about action. This is probably tangentially related to what you wrote here.
ReplyDeleteI find it funny that your labels were divided between "a bit cryptic" and "I know" :)
I find it even funnier that the authenticating word that I had to type, though incorrect spelling, for that post was, "goider."
ReplyDeleteMatt's comments make me like Matt more.
ReplyDeleteI miss you Heidi.
Mel I miss you too. See you soon?
ReplyDeleteMatt I agree it's all about God, but you can shrink back from his will (as nearly every character in the Bible did) and still do it, even despite fear, or you can refuse completely and live as you would. I'm trying to avoid the latter.