February 09, 2011

isolation cave

after a long, long, long day, a bed, a blue dresser, a cup of hot chocolate and fresh baked cookies are really all I can expect of myself at 9:15pm.



This deliciousness you see was made by me! I used a recipe from Smitten Kitchen- Blue cheese steak salad, and even made my own vinaigrette. (oil, grey poupon, honey, and worcestire sauce)
The top dish is garlic roasted mushrooms from Smitten Kitchen. I used whites because they were cheaper than browns but browns always taste better in my opinion. Also delicious, but need to be eaten right away- wasn't very good as leftovers.

Anyways, its been a rough week. I'm glad it's almost over.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the cooking. Inspirational. And colorful too. Isn't food healthier the more color it has?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two colors are good enough for me in this dirt pudding that I am eating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is more healthy? I dunno. I learned what a caper was in the process. And i bought honey for the first time in my life. I'm excited to smear it over everything I eat now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I recently made a dish with capers. It was kinda weird. Tilipia Piccata. I also made a dish with honey - chicken with apples and pears on top. That was yummy. The honey was in the apple and pear sauce. Oh, and mashed potatoes on the side :)

    ReplyDelete