October 23, 2010

unfettered.

That's my life without facebook: unfettered.

I find that I have more interesting thoughts, deeper sleep, feel more relaxed in general, and spend more time reading or cooking or talking with real live actual people in real actual life, rather than virtually. I'm happier with my life, as I've stopped incessantly trying to sum up events into one witty status update, or compare my life to all my "friends". (Which ps. is a misnomer). I'm not sure if this just speaks of my insecurities and jealousies, or addictive behavior, and I don't really care. I try to keep happy things in my life and get a rid of things that make me unhappy. like most people. so no more fb. anyway, enough of that.

I just got back from a stretch and strength class and then an adv. ballet class (which i was totally lost in!). And I need to run yet today. Since when did my life become all about physical exercise?

Somewhere in the middle of the stretch and strength class I felt a muscle relax in my face that I think has been clenched for i don't know maybe my whole life. So, needless to say, I feel super relaxed and confident and fantastic right now. Also, humbled. My stretching needs a lot of work. I swear that strength and stretch class opens shakras and realigns my energy flows or something... It's amazing after biking all week to just stretch for an hour. yay!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for stretching!!! And opened chakras and relaxed facial muscles!!!! :D And as someone NOT on fb, I am so happy to have a convert to my position. This year 2 of my oldest friends totally forgot my birthday... theirs were both within the *2 weeks* before mine, and I remembered theirs, so I was SHOCKED... I blame fb, I'm sure they rely on it for reminders. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I'm so glad you agree with my fb philosophy. I agree, it is ridiculous how many people rely on it to have an actual friendship and I am just over it. My coworker gave it up too and we have daily therapy sessions :) We both agree we're better off without it, despite being gossip-deprived...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I done got rid of my FB account.

    I'm twitching a bit.

    Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoohoo!!! Way to go, Nate. I should have a rally in DC to inspire giving up FB... all I need is Oprah on my side. (and maybe Rick Bayless could cater?)

    ReplyDelete