tut tut, it looks like rain.
60 mph winds and they're calling it the"storm of the century" and you can almost feel in the air tonight the power of the wind about to sweep Chicago clean.
Needless to say, I won't be biking to work the next two days, or be getting my runs in as hoped this week, as this storm is coming tonight and staying awhile. Frustrating, as I do love biking so (you should have seen the trail in Lake Bluff this morning- misty, moon still up, jeweled leaves and trees dark with rain) and bussing and cabbing it take FOREVER and are sooooo much so less satisfying
although it will be nice to not have to bring a change of clothes with me tomorrow
although i will be sure to get soaked, so I will need to wear layers
even so,
30-60mph winds are enough to make me say nope to biking in the wind. The most windy I've biked was 24mph, and that was rather difficult (in the midst of construction season too). and sunny and in the middle of the day. AND the next few days will be rainy.
so batten down the hatches, this storm is coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment